March 22, 2009

We Love TRAVIS

Just after Valentine's Day, Glenn surprised me with tickets to see TRAVIS in concert in Tokyo. We have recently discovered we LOVE this Scottish band... every single song is awesome: My Eyes, Side, Sing, Closer, Ode to J.Smith, Selfish Jean...the list goes on and on.
Francis Healy was born in 1973, one year younger than us... he is our age and living his dream, lucky guy. Travis sound similar to "Cold Play"... but better (sorry Chris). Chris Martin credits his style to Travis and calls himself a "poor man's Francis Healy". Travis played with energy and personality... gotta love the Scottish accent :). What surprised me the most was how many times the band changed instruments....just goes to show how truly musical they are. Outstanding concert.
At the end of the concert, the band unplugged everything, including the microphones and just sang acoustic... it rocked. Their voices blend in perfect harmony.(my "Rock ON" face... what other face do you make at a concert? Cheesy?? :)

6 comments:

Jennifer Napierski said...

Thanks for the invite. Sorry we couldn't make it since we found out about it AFTER the concert. Just kidding. Glad you two had fun and were able to have some 'alone' time.

mali said...

You guys know how to have a good time!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

That's awesome! I'm going for my birthday, on April 10th. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm glad you love Travis. We totally do! Love your "rock on" face. I'm just glad to see you aren't doing the "hang loose" sign. That's commonly mistaken at concerts. LOL :)

Lisa Brown said...

So fun! What a rockin Birthday! I LOVE concerts! Nothing beats hearing it in person.

Natalie said...

How fun! Love your rock on face.

Erin said...

Nathan LOVES Travis too. That is awesome that you got to see them live.