March 21, 2009

One Man's Junk, Another Man's Treasure

Because of my injury, my Dad, Emma, Jonas, and I had been "home bound" for so long, we got antsy and decided to take a road trip to Atlanta, Georgia to visit my sister Michelle and her hubby Dallin.

We had a great time... shopped at local antique stores, ate great "southern" BBQ ribs, walked the labyrinth on her property, had an evening campfire in the secret garden, rode around in her jeep, watched old movies, took naps, and ate Michelle's delicious crepes.

But I think my highlight was when we hiked around an old farm house on her property and picked up two abandoned antiques: an F.A. Whitney baby buggy circa 1900 and a BMG Tractor Junior circa 1900.

Michelle kept the tractor and I kept the buggy... I have always wanted one. I plan to restore it and fill it with dolls.... this may be my summer project.

Oldies but goodies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW... that is my dream come true, too! Beautiful finds!! Lucky lucky you guys! Love, Mom

mali said...

Very cool! Amazing the stull people throw out. Don't they know about craiglist yet???

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

OMG!! What treasures! She really is living on a secret hideaway. You are so lucky! AWESOME treasures!! You will have some seriously jealous sisters! :)