March 6, 2009

Small World at Nutcracker

We went to see the Salt Lake City Ballet Company perform the Nutcracker. This was a real treat and something we have missed since moving to Japan.


During intermission, a few seats down from us, I spotted my close friend from High School and Young Women's group, Missy Shunn Mitchell.... small world! She lives an hour away from SLC and I live in Japan, so the chance that two old friends would meet up at this space and time is amazing. I have super fun memories with her and it was so fun to hug her and catch up.
These are her darling girls, Gwen and Britt. It is a small world after all....

3 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Too fun running into her! She hasn't changed! ... there is just one moon and one golden sun... now I want to go to Disneyland! I'm having withdrawls. :) I would love to see a GOOD performance of the Nutcracker. I've only seen it once, and it wasn't that good. But, then again, I didn't realize there was no real war with the mouse king. I guess I shouldn't compare it to Barbie. ha ha ha

Ginger Rogers said...

Missy still looks the same.......AMAZING!!!! AND SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! How FUN FUN FUN to see her there! You said it right....it really is a small world! And you of course look gorgeous as ever! So stylish! :)

The Mitchells said...

It was so crazy running into you! I'm so glad I did. Your kids are beautiful and you are as gorgeous as ever. I love reading your blog and seeing what your fun family it up to. I can't wait to see what the next adventure the Ostlunds will encounter :)