March 9, 2009

Miki House Day 1



Jonas had a 2 day modeling job in Odaiba Bay for Miki House, a Japanese children's clothing line similar to "Gymboree" in the U.S.


Jonas is such a wiggle worm, I worried that his constant movement would frustrate the director, Yamamoto Sho, but he seemed to like Jonas' carefree/wild child ways. To date, this has been my absolute favorite director to work with. First of all, he was SO GOOD with the children... extremely kind and patient. And secondly, he saw that I was taking a lot of pictures, so every now and then he would stop production and tell me in Japanese he wanted to take our picture with my camera so I could have picture of Jonas and I together. "Mama San.... something, something" and then he'd pose us. WOW. He was fabulous!

This is the directer laughing on the ground... he pretended that the children knocked him down with the sailboat!
To direct 5 squirmy children, you have to be fabulous!


Jonas loves getting his hair fixed... NOT. After the shoot I realized his hair was waaaay toooo long.
At the beach we got to eat whatever we wanted from this snack shack. I really loved their CRAM CHOWDER...ha ha ha! It was a super fun day.

6 comments:

Glenn said...

I'm so glad we don't really dress him like that, with the polka-dot shirt.

Mmmmmm, cram chowder.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

OMG!! Cram Chowder!! I'm am literally laughing out loud! That is the funniest thing I've ever heard! That's awesome. Love that the director would take your picture with your camera. What an awesome director! Love the outfits on Jonas. ha ha I will totally buy them for Liam. LOL

Anonymous said...

Bonus is so cute! He is a NATURAL! Loved all your shots of the modeling day. The direstor was very funny. RY

Mom/Grammie/Sally said...

I love the polka dot shot...! the feet are just priceless. You can't plan that kind of candid shot. Beautiful photos... Love, Mom Oh yes, cram chowder is to die for! Love, Mom

sweetcakes said...

What a fun adventure! Adorable pictures too.

mali said...

Jonas is adorable! Cram chowder! Now I have anew word!