March 21, 2009

Like Grandfather, Like Grandson

Jonas was with Grandad 24/7 for 7 weeks. The longer these two were together, the more I saw Jonas pick up my Dad's mannerisms:




1) I was looking for my Dad, heard his whistle, and followed it.... my Dad is always whistling. To my surprise, the whistle did not lead me to my Dad, it lead me to Jonas. I didn't even know Jonas could whistle!




2) Jonas was wearing a green sweatshirt. Next thing I know, he is on the couch with my Dad wearing a red flannel shirt instead. I asked Jonas why he changed clothes and he said "Cause I'm with Grandad and we are watching a cowboy show."





3) At Michelle's, we rode in the back of her little Jeep on the rough terrain of her property. While Jonas rode in the back with the "boys", he poked his head into the front cab and with a huge grin, he sighed, "this is my kind of heaven".... something my Dad says all the time!




They say that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"... it must be true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all my grandsons will find that part of their grandfather... he is such a peaceful soul. Loves the simplicity of life and nature... (just keep him supplied with all the money he wants to "collect" his stash of stuff!) Seriously, he just appreciates being on earth... Lucky me to have him... Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh that Dad's whistle will be carried on... That brings peace to every one of us, doesn't it? Love, Mom

mali said...

LOVE the picture of Jonas and his Grandpa snuggling. The flannel shirts and a cowboy movie are so cute.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

What a BUTTON! I love him! I love my kids hanging out with Dad. He's a very peaceful person. Let's hope our kids pick up on that lovely skill. LOL Love the matching flannels. So darling! That will be his next "super hero" costume. :)