March 21, 2009

We Get Your Point

Emma was going outside to play in the snow and I told her to put her gloves on. She fussed and fussed about how tight the fingers were, so I dug up a pair of mittens instead. Soon I hear her practically swearing at the mittens as she chucks them on the floor. I ask her what is wrong with the mittens?
In all sincerity, she shouts at me, "What if I have to POINT?"
Huh?
I told her she will just point with her mittened hand.
She replies, "look at my hand, can you even tell I am pointing????!!!"

Okay, I get your point, but really, when you are out sledding, how much "pointing" is involved?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am really laughing out loud!! She is HILARIOUS!!! That is so Emma!! That is a gem if I ever heard one! Catching her mad face is fabuolous! Ya gotta love kids! Tell her that other appendiges can be used for pointing...elbows, feet, noses, and feet! :) Such a strong willed daughter... Big hugs, Emma! Love, Grammie

mali said...

LOL! What a goof ball!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

That's hilarious! She's so funny! Great point, Emma. Maybe next time you complain about your squished fingers, you'll remember you can't point. ha ha Kisses for Emma! I love your kids and miss them SOOOO much! Count down to the PARTY summer!

Lisa Brown said...

HAHAHAHAH!!!! I LOVED THIS!!! So funny! Brent and I were busting up!

Anonymous said...

Well, In the end I still had to point!!!!!!! And it was a good POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!Emma