March 20, 2010

New Years in Bloomington

What did we do once we got to Bloomington? 

This picture says is all...

Even Felix was RELAXED



Our family came to visit us from Kansas, Missie, Greg, and their boys
We had a date night for Sushi... yum!


Jonas loves having "boy cousin time"

I love this photo... can you tell we are related?
Missie is Glenn's sister and I think Emma has a lot of "Ostlund" in her

It was very cold, but no snow,
so we had to come up wtih creative outings, like BOWLING



Jonas and Brody are only about a month apart in age.

Mr. Tate had his 4 year old BIRTHDAY with us... so darling!

He loved to SING the Beatles, "Baby You Can Drive My Car"

Missie gave the girls HAIRCUTS

Jim and Lindsay (Glenn's step sister and husband)
came for a short VISIT

And, just as we were packing up to leave,
we finally got SNOW!!

Only one day to play in it, but the kids were so HAPPY

We love Bloomington :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Felix! He loves when someone is home!

Anonymous said...

Hey... this one didn't post! I LOVE Bloomington, too! Maybe someday I will even get to live there??... que sera sera... Love, Mom

Glenn said...

That was fun. Loved having Missie and Greg and Brody and Tate around -- would be nice if we could make that more permanent. Nice to get Lindsey and Jim some blog love, too!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Oh how I miss Bloomington! I am totally jealous of the haircut session. How come I wasn't invited?! :) I miss hanging out at the Ostlund home! Not sure if I miss the cold though. ha ha California runs deep in my bones. They are too wimpy for snow. ha ha

Ginger Rogers said...

I think we ALL want Missies hair! Best hair EVER!!!
Your home is so cozy and so welcoming Trace! I just love it there and I wish I could go there everyday! It's such a peaceful getaway!!! I LOVE INDIANA!!!! Maybe one day I too will live there and be your buggy neighbor who wants to shop til she drops and hit all the junky antique stores, and paint and re paint any room you want and get crazy movin' all the furniture around!!! Tell me this doesn't sound like a blast!!! K...I'm movin'...here I come!
P.S. love the snow hats!!!

Melissa said...

Ahh, I love your sisters too! That was such a fun trip. I just told Glenn how much Easter stunk w/o family around to celebrate with. Can't wait till you're back & we can be together more often!
... Speaking of-
I am SO EXCITED to come visit you in Japan!!! and yes please plan on more haircuts from me. :)
(I was sad to see that pic of me doing Emma's hair. I just had my hc & she cut 3" off.... I miss it super long).
SUCH a fun trip!! Love you guys!