March 19, 2010

Grauman's Chinese Theater and El Capitan


I think this day was our favorite day from our CA trip.  We ate dinner at In and Out, my family's favorite place.  Across the street was, Hollywood High where the pool scene was filmed in "Its a Wonderful Life" as well as a host of other Hollywood films.

 


Then we walked down the street to watch "A Christmas Carol" in 3-D at El Capitan theater.  We watched a superb pre-show with plenty of wannabe Disney performers... I kind of felt bad for them because you know they all wanted to make it big and yet they are stuck in cheeseville.



A Christmas Carol film was absolutely fabulous.  It was a little intense for the little ones, but it was great.  Jonas sat in front of me and when the show got scary I reached over and told him that if it was too scary he could come sit in my lap.  He told me "I'n fine Mom"... a little while later, his hand popped up reaching for me and said "I'n ready now Mom" and I reached over and picked him up to sit on my lap.  Not quite 6 years old, my little boy is still little :)




Outside of the theater, we met a street performer posing as SPIDERMAN...
Jonas was in heaven!



Then onto Grauman's Chinese Theater.  We put our hands in the prints of famous stars.  I think we were most excited about Ginger Rogers, Gene Kelly, and Shirly Temple... our fam loves the oldies.






Then my Dad took us to Johnny Depp's house.  He became friends with him while working as an LA Dectective.  Unfortunately Johnny was away for the holidays... boo hoo.


Feeling a little like a Movie Star.... dreamy

Trish joined in the act... just in case talent scouts were hiding in the bushes :)


Here is the sign my Dad made for Johnny to help keep out the paparazzi.

Afterwards the fam took a break at the local Coney's Hotdog joint




We ended the night viewing the Christmas lights at the LA Mormon Temple
but more memorable was the song we heard on the radio on the way home,
"Don't Be a Jerk, Its Christmas"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a GREAT day, wasn't it! Perfect as perfect can be... Love, Mom

Lisa Brown said...

Ahhhh... did I already say that? How can someone not love California? Super fun photos- it looks like you all had so much fun with no drama (:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Great day! Glad you got the pics. We missed you too, Lis! Next Christmas!

Ginger Rogers said...

Seriously.....this christmas rocked!!! WE HAD FUN!!!! Love that about your blog....you get to see all the fun times and sit back and be grateful for all the incredible experiences and memories!!! You do a great job posting it all but summing it up so it's not overwhelming like listing each and every detail. The way you sum it up, tells it all in a perfect way! Not too much, and not too little But just right! Go Goldie!
Too bad Johnny wasn't home....you and I woulda been in his new movie for sure! :) Mad queen and Alice??? Or...mad hatter and the white rabbit??? "curious-er and curious-er" ! :) FABULOUS posts Trace!!! And I'm happy to note:....this took me under an hour cause my computer was being very friendly to me today! :) WAHOO!!!!!