March 14, 2010

Hand Maid Catalog

My favorite modeling job so far was this one Shailey did for the brand, "Hand Maid".  The shoot took place way out in the countryside of Chiba.  This Japanese ranch had everything to imitate a western ranch, from stables to a covered wagon.

It had rained the day before, but the puddles gave the shoot a nice "natural" feel.  The lighting was picture perfect that day, so I had a fabulous time snapping photos.

Inside the building you only found authentic "cowboy" frills, a huge western movie collection, covered wagon print couches, a lasso lamp, horse shoes to hang your hat, etc.  But within this western decour, I spied this.... 


Examine more closely....
a Shinto Shrine at the top corner of the room. 
Affirming that yes we are in Japan, LOVE it!



The girls were chilly inbetween shoots.  Aren't they gorgeous together?


Shailey and I discovered that a favorite actresses of ours from LOST had also been at this ranch, Sun Kwon played by Yunjin Kim.  We shook hands with the ranch owner and he shook hands with Sun, so you can say that we have been in direct contact with LOST.  Cool.




Strands of lace tied up her hair this way and that...







These last two are my favorite photos of Shailey of all time... GORGEOUS
(if I do say so myself :)

As a Mother, you frequently tell your daughter she is beautiful,
but you have a hard time getting her to see herself through your eyes. 

This picture captures exactly what I see of Shailey every single day.  She is naturally stunning.  I love her so much.  This is the same face I fell in love with 13 years ago.  Priceless.

This is the designer, Yoshie Kawamura... super cool lady.
She works for Otome-graph company.

The CAST... they were a fabulous group to work with. 
I cannot say it enough, Arigato Gozaimasu!

9 comments:

Glenn said...

LOVE those pictures of Shailey. I need to buy you some more frames, don't I?

Jennifer Napierski said...

That shoot totally captures Shailey's beauty.

Shailey loves you said...

Thanks guys! *omg mom ILYSM!!! lol thx 4 da nice comments!!! i loved this job! it was so much fun!!! ILY mom and i lyk rly rly lyk spending time w/ u on jobs!!! ILMF!!!
Shailey

ok... in english:
*oh my gosh mom i love you so much! laugh out loud thanks for the nice comments!!! i loved this job! it was so much fun!!! i love you mom and i like really really like spending time with you on jobs!!!
I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Shailey's auburn hair and beautiful fair skin is just perfect for this artisitic clothing - it looks like a catalogue of gorgeous Irish knits! The other model looks like a girl named Emily...perhaps it is her. I love that you take pictures of the crew - the Japanese crews are just so fantastic, and you are filling a treasure chest of memories with your blog. Thanks for letting others share!

Valerie

Lisa Brown said...

I guess I'm not so out of it when I can figure out what "ILYSM" means (: Gorgeous! Definitely love the last shots outfit-wise. Too bad you couldn't keep the clothes (: It doesn't look like you're in Japan... more like I Wyoming.

Anonymous said...

Is this the same redhead she did the shots with a while back? Shailey has such a gorgeous vintage face... So European! Love all the shots! Love, Grammie

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

LOVED these pics. Shailey is stunning! I love the contrast of the two girls coloring. Beautiful! Love the western room with a touch of Japanese. ha ha Shailey does have a great old-fashioned look.

Also, I agree with Lisa... I guess I'm ready to put up with texting teenagers, when I can read their "language." ha ha Shailey... LOVE YOU!

Ginger Rogers said...

This is AMAZING!!!!!!!! The clothes are so French! Oh la la I want them all!!! I love the brown bunchie scarf! OO I want it! The scenery....oh my gosh was gorgeous! Totally looked like a beautiful contryside! :) Shailey was STUNNING!!! I see her little girl face disapearing especially in one of the last photos. She looks so grown up and gorgeous! But then....I saw little Shailey again when she was smiling with the designer! :) Shailey is just beautiful!!!! Loved it all!!!! What clothes line is this??? I want their magazine so I can drool and dream of buying these cute clothes! Way my taste cause they colors are muted. Mm Mm So pretty! :) Thank you for sending me the link....and DER...I totally know to check the side bar. Hello!!! DAH!!!! haa haa! Love you! :)

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

Come on, this isn't the first connection you've had with LOST. Need I say Mira Loma Stater Bro's?