December 3, 2009

Summer Aftermath

For my own sake, I need to document what it looks like when we return to Tokyo. Someday I will pine over our travels and I will truly miss this experience. However, I will have these pictures to remember it was not always so glamorous....



What am I bringing with us besides summer clothes? Lunch pails, Halloween costume supplies, a year supply of shoes, winter clothing, including winter coats, cake mixes, stain removal, feminine products and make-up, crystal light drink mix, medicine and vitamins, even brought dinner napkins... for some reason in Tokyo you either find super thick expensive napkins or else tiny, cheap, "don't work" napkins.



Jonas thinks he is modeling our mess... nope. He is modeling that things are so disorganized and crazy, he has mistaken my t-shirt for his t-shirt and has no clue whatsoever. This is because for the first week or more that we are back, when the kids need something, I tell them "go search the pile". Jonas proudly found his own undershirt :).


2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I love seeing what you miss from healthy America that you just had to cram it in a suitcase: instant Betty Crocker mixes and Jell-O. God bless the USA!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

ha ha ha Lisa, you're hilarious! Those things are STAPLES!! ha ha ha

I love that you are small enough, Tracey, that Jonas can mistake your t-shirt for his. I'm not sure that would happen over here. LOL Love that you "documented" the chaos!! Moments to Remember!