December 10, 2009

Girls and Curls



Getting ready for church, we realized we were sporting THREE different types of CURLERS....

When I was a little girl, my Mom rolled our hair in pink sponge curlers every Saturday night.  Now that I am a Mother, I know why... it makes getting ready for church super easy!

Emma is sporting the "sock" curlers, as taught to us by Debbie my mother-in-law.  They work great too!




The best part?  JONAS took our photo... how cute is he :).

I enjoy being a girl.... ha!

3 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

That's still our favorite way to get ready! The best part of my story is... we use the curlers you made me in HS. The sponge is completely dissolved, but they work like a charm! I guess they work like sock curlers now. LOL

Kim said...

I always found it hard to sleep in the sponge rollers at night. Maybe I rolled them too tight. My favorite - the socks. I'll have to try that one.

Da Woman said...

My mother also put me in the sponge curlers. I also had lock-n-roll curlers. I still have them and on occasion I still use them, although they make me look like Olivia Newton John in Grease.