December 3, 2009

Ostlunds Stake their Claim



Well, we did it... we purchased land; two lots to be exact. We figured in the current economic crisis, that land is a pretty safe purchase. We bought a little less than 4 acres in a neighborhood called, Devonshire, very near our current house. It is a beautiful neighborhood with the best neighbors in the world (our good friends, the Cattani family live across the street :).





















Our hopes and dreams are that we can save enough money so that when we are through living in Tokyo, we can think about building a home on one of the two lots and then sell the remaining lot. Time will tell.

4 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Dreamy! I never told you... last time we were there, Brent and I were standing at the same spot your kids were on the fence when a man walked by and said,"I'm not sure you know but someone recently bought that land." I told him my sister and brother-in-law did to which he responded, "Well it's been so nice for me to sit in my office and see the horses in the pasture... but things change." He was very nice about it all- it just made me laugh! So maybe you all could get some horses in your front yard so he could have a nice work environment.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Gorgeous! Dreamy!!

I have to laugh at the last pic with Shailey's awesome legs!! In years to come, as the rest of us have... she'll laugh too! ha ha I love teenagers! ha ha We think we're so original and stylish, and then we say... what were we thinking! ha ha Who knew skinny jeans would come back. This time they're tailored instead of pinned. ha ha ha

Too funny about Lisa's comment... you need some horses. maybe you could "horse-sit" for Dad. :)

Da Woman said...

I cannot wait until you all come back for good, but I do love reading about your adventures, in the hopes that one day I can convince Craig that it's very important to travel to Japan and spend loads of money to do so:)

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

This really is beautiful property. I'm sure it will be very peaceful and will be wonderful to visit you guys there.