December 10, 2009

Moriko Kawamura

The day after our Mt. Fuji hike, Shailey had a modeling job with Moriko Kawamura who is an assistant to Satoru Kikuchi, a famous photographer.  She wanted to photograph Shailey for her photography portfolio.

Shailey's hair was done into teeny tiny ringlets... not quite the look a 12 year old girl is going for, but it was definitely fun.  At one point, she looked up at me with big tears in her eyes because she was not feeling pretty.  I enthusiastically told her, "I am amazed your hair can DO this... not many people have hair that can curl this well... it is fantastic!!!"  Then I told her, the theme for today is not "hot stuff" model, instead the theme is "artistic" model.  That helped.  She relaxed and eventually enjoyed her crazy hair!









Knitted hat, pearl necklace, sailor shirt, gaucho pants, and moccassins...
what's not to love??!!











I think this crocheted turquoise head wrap wins.  It was a fun shoot.

4 comments:

Glenn said...

brillo

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Totally agree with GREAT hair! Loved it in a hat. Awesome! She's so fun. I can see her trying not to cry and being brave. Reminds me of some pics we took of her holding Emma at 2 weeks.... ha ha ha Love the glasses shot!! Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Loved it! So model!! Very fashion unique! Go Shailey! Love, Grammie

Da Woman said...

My favorite is the upclose picture with the hat and glasses. It's classic! I've always wanted to know what I would look like with naturally ringlet curly hair.