November 27, 2007

Turkey Day?


Everyone has asked if we had Thanksgiving in Japan? Well, the kids did get the day off for parent/teacher conferences which lasted all day, but Glenn had to work as usual. The Japanese don't celebrate the Native Americans and pilgrims first feast in early America... go figure. It was a long day so I called Glenn at work and said, "remember that scene in Christmas Story where the turkey gets ruined and the family goes out for Chinese food? Lets do the same for Thanksgiving." Glenn was on board with the plan and we met him in Roppongi for dinner.... it wasn't Chinese, it was Outback, but it was funny nontheless.
*side note, we did have a more traditional thanksgiving dinner on the following Sunday with some friends.

3 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I think that sounds like a fun tradition. I'm not a huge fan of turkey anyways, and when mom and dad actually leave, I'll have to do turkey dinners myself. Should I start a new tradition? :)

Kim said...

We had ham here on Thanksgiving. I hate cooking, but now that Mike's parents have "retired" to Colorado (at least for a few weeks) I have to do the big meals. Big house...big family events! Wish me luck!

Natalie said...

That's awesome! You'll always remember that Thanksgiving.