November 27, 2007

Good Will Hunting

Shailey burst through our front door with a blast of excitement, shouting, "mom, mom, look what I got for FREE! It is the cutest outfit ever!" She ran to the bathroom and came out with this...Her school had a fund raiser where they asked families to donate gently used items. Then they sold the items for really cheap, mostly $1 (100 yen). Even at those incredible prices, no one wanted these amazing finds. So, after the fund raiser was over, Shailey rummaged through the leftover piles came home with a whole new outfit: earrings, belt, skirt, purse, and shoes. Isn't she jazzy? I just love this girl.

4 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Great find! She reminds me of you with some crazy things you wore in HS. I remember the 70's pink dress you wore for some school thing. You put the picture on a CD cover, if you remember. Shailey looks great! She's so cute. I do have to say the outfit makes her look too grown up for my little Shailey. But that's because her Aunt Kristine still thinks of her as 5! Love her!!

Kim said...

I love the shoes! Every girl needs a pair of red shoes. I think Shailey should click her heels together and say, "There's no place like Indiana" three times so you can all return ASAP! We miss you all.

Annie said...

Shailey, the shoes are tres chic! There's no stopping ingenuity.

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

Ok, switch her shirt for one with the Union Jack and she'll be a Spice Girl. They are doing a reunion, maybe she can be a double.