November 23, 2007

Lights, Camera, Action!

Emma's first audition landed her a commercial for Bridgestone Tires! She will be in magazines, a video promotion, and a commercial. Here is her first day of filming... playing Nintendo DS and drinking tea while waiting for hair and makeup. * side note: our kids have learned to enjoy tea... it is served everywhere you go... and yes it is herbal. Starting the hair fixing process... and I think her hair dresser is totally good looking... have I been in Japan too long?
Now in costume...

I was only permitted to take a few photos on the set. Here Emma sits for her "stills". She had to pretend to enjoy an ice cream cone while seated in a van.She made the crew laugh in between takes because she was acting silly, mocking the poses they were having her do.
At the end of this session, she said through a gritted teeth smile, "Can I stop smiling? Good. My cheeks are killing me"- Barbie, from Toy Story

This is her last costume change, for the group shot, where she sat in the "pseudo van" with her "pseudo mom, dad, brother, and grandparents". She had to pretend to chat with her grandparents seated in the back seat (wish I had pictures of that). She had no problem pretending to chat... she is a very chatty girl. She made the grandparents laugh until the camera crew instructed them not to.
We had a great time throughout the process. No one could believe it was her first job. When it was all over, the entire crew gave her a round of applause and told her she was a natural. She will film the commercial portion next week. When the web commercial is up, we will give you the link. Fun!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so amazed that you guys got these AWESOME jobs on the first try! Emma looks so grown up- Even for playing a little girl. I think it's the NO Bangs that makes her look older. I'm glad you were able to take some pictures of the getting ready process. I would have loved to be there!
It doesn't really surprise me that she was such a natural- She has been modeling here whole like after all! I think you can take some credit here for all your photo shoots.
-And hunting for the lost film from the photo shoots...
In a ditch.....In the rain!

Corporal Kookie said...

Mom, I remember you taking those photos on the train and being annoyed. Emma's photos are so cuite!!!!!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Wow! Yes, she is a NATURAL! Love the outfit and shoes!! We are so proud and excited for her! Keep us updated! Love her! I can picture and hear her being silly and so comfortable and relaxed. Yes, NATURAL!!

stevensbball said...

Tracey,
Your children are so beautiful so it doesn't surprise us one bit that Emma got her first "gig". It will be fun to see the commercial. I am so excited that I figured out how to make comments without having to email you.
Take care,
Megan

Into the Wood's said...

Thank you Thank you for that fun description and wonderful photos-- After having just been on the NYC subway tangle I have a very real appreciation for your challenge-- though I've heard the subs in Japan are very safe--

The pics of Emma are GREAT!! Emma you are growing us soo fast!! I miss you! Love, Nonnie

Natalie said...

That is so cool! Can't wait for the link to the commercial.

Annie said...

I knew those Ostlund and Louis theatrics would pay off--it's in the genes! I can't imagine any of the kids being nervous in front of people. They're naturals. I'm impressed with your subway experiences. Such big city folk! I also love the pic of Emma drinking her tea. It's a great pic and she's gorgeous. Love ya!

Kim said...

I can see how Emma would be a natural actress. She is quite the drama queen, isn't she? The pictures are so cute. Can't wait until we can scrapbook these together...if you're still a scrapbooker! Have you officially converted to blogging instead? :)
Love ya!
Kim