November 6, 2007

Scariest Ride at Disneyland

Warning: There is perfectly good reason The Haunted Mansion IS the scariest ride at Disneyland...... because it is the most dangerous. That is right. While it may seem like a perfectly safe and harmless ride, do not be deceived, it is perilous, and maybe even fatal. I was enjoying a comfortable Haunted Mansion ride with my son this summer when we reached the end of the ride and were forced to exit........ the moving walkway. That is when it all happened. It seems like a blurr it happened so fast. On his way off the ride, Jonas tripped on the moving walkway and I toppled over him, landing on the front rail of the car. We lay there in a tangled heap while the moving walkway surged onward. The eerie bell hop worker pressed a button and manged to stop the walkway before we got sucked into the dark abyss of the ride. Fortune was with us that day and while Jonas escaped unscathed, I managed to leave with only a large and painful bruise. We are lucky to be alive.

The creepiest part of this story.... I had a premonition just before the ride ended that this event would take place.... and then it did (Glenn doesn't call me "Gracie" for nothing).

(photos taken 2 weeks after the accident... we should have bilked Disneyland for a lifetime of free passes for ruining a perfectly good set of legs....darn)



6 comments:

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

Did I really need to see that? Remind me not to go to Disneyland.

Alison said...

You DO have great legs! And that is scary! Glad you made it out alive!

Natalie said...

Ok, ouch! I'm so sorry about your fall and the resulting bruise. And can I trade you my post pregnancy legs for skinny, tan ones? I'll even take them with the bruise ;)

Glenn Ostlund said...

Thank you for telling them it was from Disneyland. You learned that kind of sneaky code-speech from your dad's vice days, right.

You up for some golf later on?

(can we get some air back here Mr. J?)

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I laughed out loud!! I was there and a witness! HILARIOUS! GREAT memories!!

Anonymous said...

Please don't show me that again!!!