November 23, 2007

All Aboard!

We signed our kids up with a modeling agency here in Tokyo because many advertising agencies use Americans for their models. We learned about this from Glenn's Aunt Kim, who did a lot of modeling with her kids in Tokyo. The modeling process is more simple here than in the states: we paid $10 per kid, they took our photos, I sent in more photos (that I liked better), and next day we got our first audition. We average about 1-3 auditions a week.

The FRINGE BENEFIT of all of this modeling business is that it has forced me to learn the train/subway system. As you can see from the map, it is slightly intimidating.

For our first audition the agent helped us get there on the subway. When the appointment was over she said goodbye.... "wait, you are not going with us on the subway???" Nope. So I had to figure it out myself. At one point Shailey said "Mom, this is not right, we are getting on the wrong train, lets go back up, I know where to go." I trusted her and she was absolutely right. Whew! Later Emma figured out which exit to take once we got off of the train (another complicated part of the process). Again, whew! I am thankful for intelligent children who are paying more attention than their mother.
Choo choo!

2 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I am so excited for your girls! I always thought our kids would be so much better than the ugly kids in the ads. ha ha. But too much money in the states and the US people are out of control. I love the pics! When I was in NY, I thought that was confusing. SHEESH!! Even me, who loves maps, that's INTIMIDATING!! Can't wait to see!

Kim said...

You amaze me! I think I was traumatized as a child when my friend and I got onto the wrong city bus in an effort to get home from our shopping trip to the mall. We ended up transfering buses three times and what should have been a five minute trip home turned into more than an hour!