November 27, 2007

What Goes Around Comes Around

Everyone in my family knows the infamous story of "Tracey and the Tunafish Sandwich". I was 4 years old and was told to eat all of my tuna sandwich before I could eat my ice cream (vanilla served in a brightly colored cone with random names from the 70's... Pam, Bonnie, Sharon are some I remember). Well I figured out quickly if I hid my sandwich I could get that ice cream sooner. So, like the genius I was, I hid it under the couch. However, my mother who was smarter than me found that sandwich and made me eat it, crust and all.


Well as it turns out, my son Jonas who is almost 4 years old, inherited more than my blonde hair. He too was supposed to finish his sandwich before getting his ice cream. After he valiantly claimed to have finished it, guess what I found in the bathroom trashcan?? Yup. At least his made it to the trash. And, after consulting with Glenn, no we did not make him eat it.

5 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Hasn't he done this before? He's so sneaky and cute! I can just picture him hiding it so cleverly in the trash. I think I was on the phone with you when you found it or maybe it was another time. Give him kisses from his Aunt!

Kim said...

I keep discovering irritating traits in my kids that are soooo like me that it's creepy! I hope they inherit some of the good ones as well! Jonas is too funny!

Glenn Ostlund said...

But we did break out the stomach pump and got that ice cream outta there. Cheater. I bet he'll make up words when he learns to play boggle, too (he'll get that from both parents).

Denter. A person who dents.

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

I used to just put it down the sink. Timing was everything with that move though. It has to go down right before the dishes are done, so that when the dishes are done and the garbage disposal is run, voila! My mom and dad never figured it out! Keep an eye out for that one.

Natalie said...

Tunafish sandwich in the couch? Hope it didn't take your mom long to find it :)