December 5, 2007

Its Autumn Time at Showa Koen

Japan uses amazing ideas in their parks. This gorgeous autumn day, we traveled to Showa Koen, a park in Tokyo. At this park, you ride your bike from pit stop to pit stop. At each stop, there would be a new climbing activity. At one pit stop there was a series of nets. At another pit stop there were a series of square mounds surrounded by a man-made fog. But our favorite pit stop was the large MARSHMALLOW MOUNDS to jump on... bounce, bounce, bounce. We went with my friend April and her girls and I think we spent close to 2 hours watching our kids jump on the marshmallows. Everyone was pooped out at the end of the day, including the Mommies. We ended our day with hot cocoa from the vending machine on our way out. Who knew?... hot chocolate, the perfect temperature, from a vending machine! We are falling in love with Japan

3 comments:

Melissa said...

HAppy BirthDaY, HappY BiRthDay- TherE are (WCKED) WitchES in thE aIR, shELled PeAnuts EveRyWheRE. SO hApPY BIrTHdaY!
I'm glad you reminded me that you are a day ahead. I was wondering how I could wish you a HAPPy BIRTHDAY!
This place looks like a BLAST! What a great idea. Our boys would LoVE it! And you are becoming a very skinny mini! -But can I be honest? I'm dying to get my hands (or should I say scissors) on Jonas' hair!
Love you- Cute new pic of you & Glenn, Is that recent?

Alison said...

That looks like the best park ever!!!! Looks like such beautiful fall weather too! I LOVE fall!

Natalie said...

That looks like so much fun. Now, I want to move to Japan :)