February 9, 2009

Universal Christmas Angel Part 1

Emma got the part of an angel for a Universal Studios Japan commercial and photo shoot. She would have her photo shoot for the poster and then come back a few weeks later to film the commercial. We rode the shinkansen bullet train for 3 hours to get to Universal Studios. Emma was SOOOOO jazzed about this job. When we arrived, she kept pinching herself saying, "is this real??? this is a dream Mom, this is MY dream!"



Emma walking through the park with a crew man on our way to the studio.Isn't she darling in her WIG?? The director told me through the translator that Emma was so easy because she is such a natural! (Brag alert) She was much faster to shoot than the other models. The Moms of the other models and I were secretly hoping we could take the girls on rides after the photo shoot. The translator told us this would NOT be possible. Well, I always say, "If there is a will, there's a way and I've got a lot of will!" I spoke to the director personally and a little while later he surprised all of us with free tickets! The other Moms were singing my praises :).



We got to ride rides and see shows until the park closed. I even talked Emma into riding the SCARIEST ROLLER COASTER ever, called Hollywood Dream! It was absolutely crazy with upside down twists, turns, and dips; a total blast. We watched the Sesame Street 3-D movie in Japanese... not sure we laughed at the right parts, but we got the gist of it...ha!
Here are all three model angels, Anna, Emily, and Emma. I think Emma looks like Emily.






One day down, two more filming days to go...

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Emma, that's my dream too! Playing dress-up, Flying, going to Universal studios. AWESOME! You are liven' it up!
You looked absolutely darling!!! Way too grown up. I'm so excited you get to do these fun things. Remember your fav. Aunt Missie when you're famous okay?

dallin+michelle said...

okay girl you KILL me... naturally you schmoozed your way into free universal studio tickets!! seriously you have a gift. i've been trying to learn this gift for years. i still get walked all over. what a party day indeed. i'm surious, but are the muppets voices still the same, or dubbed japanese? that would really change some of the characters... hmmm.

Ginger Rogers said...

Before I read your comments I thought that girl looked like Emma too! Both so pretty! Naturally beautiful!
LOVE The popcorn story! It amazes me the things we have here for "FAST" purposes. Other countries still take their time at so many things. Why are we always in such a hurry???? No patience. Love, how in AWE or shook the man was that popcorn actually appeared! haa haa!!!! Great story!!!

Ginger Rogers said...

P.S......"Walk with a purpose" and no one stops you! Isn't that your moto??? You TOTALLY have a gift!!!! Remember going into the airport dropping me off in Indiana? YOU GO GIRL!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I always think of you when I need something. You are so good at getting things your way! ha ha (I mean that in a good way) As I read about going into the park, I KNEW you'd get in! LOL How do you do it!?! Emma is beautiful! What a fun day with Emma! I'M SO JEALOUS! Love the Sesame Street in japanese. Fun! Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

How fun! The way they work with you with the blue screen getting Emma to fly on the cable! Loved the entire story!~ RY