February 10, 2009

Happy at 36

The day before my birthday, I was at a photo shoot with Shailey. I have really enjoyed her lately. She took these photos of me and its only fair since I relentlessly shove my camera in her face. In this first picture, I am talking to the other girl model's Mom. This is me candid and in the moment. In motherhood I am the most relaxed when I take my kids somewhere and my only job is to sit back and watch them enjoy themselves, like at a children's museum or park. It is the one time I don't feel required to DO anything... it is an absolute pleasure to sit and relax. If I am anywhere else, I always feel the need to be DOING something.
This past summer I created a quote for myself, "Sometimes doing nothing does more for me than doing something".

This was a "do nothing" but enjoy Shailey day.... and I went home rejuvenated. Life is good and I am happy at 36.

6 comments:

sweetcakes said...

Great pictures, Shailey! You're following in your mom's footsteps!

dallin+michelle said...

love that your eyes match your green beenie here... what a beauty you are my sister!

Alison said...

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday! Miss you Tracey!

Ginger Rogers said...

LOVE this photo! By the way.....I've viewed all these many times and have enjoyed them each time I've viewed them. Just haven't had quality time to post my love! :)
YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL! Great shot of your gorgeous green eyes! And what a hottie at 36! Serioulsy, the 30's RULE!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Beautiful pics! I always want to wear stylish things like you, but I don't think I can pull it off. ha ha You can even wear skinny jeans and look fab in them! You truly are a beautiful big sister!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful green eyes! I havn't been posting my name. RY