September 12, 2008

You Can Tell a Woman By the Contents of Her Purse


While with my grandma Oopeedoop this summer, she asked me for a pen and when I started pulling items out of my purse she said "good gol, Tracey, what all do you have in there!".... so it got me thinking and I dumped out my entire tiny purse.

Here is what I found:


7 lipsticks and chapsticks
8 receipts
6 pens
5 rubber bands
3 packs of gum
2 packs of tissues
2 hair clips
2 nail files
2 bobby pins
1 Tupperware container with 15 ibuprofen pills and 7 Excedrin pills
1 cell phone
1 note pad
1 Thomas Train watch
1 AA battery pack
1 large day planner
1 piece of chalk
1 popsicle stick
1 pair of sunglasses with a case
1 check book
1 large overstuffed wallet

and finally
1 pack of TUNA


That's right, you heard me, a pack of tuna... everything but the kitchen sink. My grandma and I laughed a long time over this one.

So what does this jumble of junk say about me?

Answer: I am a nutcase who obsesses over fresh breath, moist lips, and hair. I am a mother of a 4 year old son who demands constant entertainment (hence the Thomas watch, popsicle stick, chalk, pens, notepad, and batteries for his Leapster) and a mother of a daughter who frequently sneezes her insides out (hence the tissues). I am a wife who may have too many headaches due to the lack of sugar from doing Atkins with her husband (hence the ready made tuna packet). And I am a grandaughter who took Grandma's advice too literally when she said "it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Bottom line: I am a psycho-path

What do the contents of your purse say about you?

4 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I was there and can witness the Mary Poppins bag unloading! It was truly a bottomless pit!

And we always say Trisha's most prepared in her purse. Does she have a pack of tuna? You never know when you get a little snacky! ;)

dallin+michelle said...

okay seriously??? a PACK OF TUNA!! what is the world coming to... talk about prepared. consider me on your wagon when we make that trek to missouri... i want my bases covered ;)

Annette said...

Ok, I'll play the "What's in Your Purse" Game...

My contents: hair brush, emery board, hand lotion, Biore face cloths, rice paper tissues, Kleenex, perfume, hand sanitizer, tampons, Breath assure, tooth paste, tooth brush, dental floss, makeup remover, lip liner, chapstick, lip gloss, eye drops, facial moisturizer, Motrin & Aleve, matches, mirror, gum, Tic Tacs, toothpicks, tea bags, business cards, a Cliff bar, my keys, extra glasses, my cellphone, a wallet: ID, cash, credit cards, receipts, gift cards, small change, family pictures and...I think that's it. I'm a master of mini toiletries. The majority of the stuff fits in a 5" x 8" x 2" makeup bag!

I think all of it says I'm vain--it's all personal grooming stuff. I wish I had something cool like tuna in my purse! LOL

Ginger Rogers said...

I haven't stopped laughing about this!!! I'm so glad you blogged it! I was there to witness this..."I can verify that"....and it was hillarious!!!! Your purse was so dang tiny....and yet.....it really did all fit. And, no little containers for each little thing. Maybe that's the big space saver? Note to self. HEE HEE! The best was hearing Grandma Ooppeedoop get the giggles over this. She was CRACKING UP!!!!!! She adores you! You are her little Tracey! I still see her enjoy you the way she did when you were little. You two are connected! So glad you posted this!!!!! IT REALLY IS HILLARIOUS!!!!!! And you comments about each thing made it even funnier! Love you!