September 2, 2008

Oh Holy Day

August 2, 2008, Emma Elizabeth Ostlund chose to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. She is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She prepared a long time for this special day with regular scripture reading, personal prayers, going to church each week, and just making good choices everyday. She wore the dress I wore when I was baptized in 1981 (actually all of my sisters wore this dress). She thought it was really special wearing her Momma's dress.

All of her grandparents came to Indiana for this special day: David, Nonnie, Grandad, Grammie, Ann Marie, and Papa Glenn.

Uncle Bill's family came and so did Aunt Missie's.

Emma's other special friends were there too: the Olers, the Buntons, and the Rickerts

And of course our most special friend Victoria shared this day with us too.

Daddy was very happy to baptize his little girl... she is growing up so beautiful. We love you Emma!

8 comments:

Alison said...

Very sweet. Congratulations Emma. Avrie is sitting here on my lap. When she saw the first pic of Emma she asked, "Is that me?" =)

Annie said...

It was so great to be there with you on your special day, Emma! We love you! Papa Glenn and Ann Marie

Silly Monkeys said...

Congratulations Emma. The photos of your baptism are very sweet. Emma looks a lot like you Tracey. I am assuming since you were traveling that she was baptised in Indiana...now that is special to be baptised in your home state. Congrats Emma again on your special day.

dallin+michelle said...

oh how i wish i could have been there... darn. emma looks beautiful! and of course, welcome to the club ;)

Ginger Rogers said...

YES YES YES Emma is beautiful! I think she's gorgeous. (ok, I say that about all your kids, no wonder they are the #1 pick as models) She looks so beautiful in her white dress. What a special day that I missed. That makes me so sad. Hey, make sure you tell her that her Aunt Trisha wore the dress too!You do such a great job archiving! You write exactly what needs to be said - fun stuff, and the important stuff. "Future bound book coming soon?" right? I love that you are really using this blog to scrapbook, and how fun that I get to check it out when ever I want! Like I'm at your home enjoying your family albums. You know when ever I come to your house that's what I do. I just browse through all your fun scrapbooks. You are a GREAT MOM TRACE!!!! love you! Love, Trisha

Dallin said...

You looked beautiful Emma, we sure wish we could have been there to see your very special day. Your family is awesome. We are still working on a way to come visit Japan there and see how cool you really are.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

How come no one looks stressed out? Kirra's day was so stressful and crazy, we almost missed pictures with her. We don't even have a picture of everyone! You truly are an amazing mom! Congratulations Emma! You are such a beautiful girl! I'm so sorry we couldn't be there. But we thought of you all day! We love you, Emma! Kisses for your cheekies from us, too!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Oh, and the table with her picture, programs, and was that a sign in book? You do think of everything. Love the touch of her picture. Kirra's was combined with 2 other girls, but I think we could have done that. Darn! Malia's???