September 12, 2008

Once Bitten


Yes, it is true... Ann Marie hooked Missie and I into the TWILIGHT series by Stephenie Meyers. I really did not want to like this series... vampires, werewolves, oh brother. But then, I gave in and well.... I was HOOKED.
I have to laugh because even though the series is written for "chicks", they are awesome, and I found myself being one of millions waiting for book 4 to come out this summer. Thank you Ann Marie... book 4 was every bit as good as the others. I have definitely been bitten by the Twilight magic.
(PS, it may interest you to know that someone I live with in Japan, who shall remain nameless, is also enjoying the series... and its not a chick :)

(PS, an honorable mention is also given to my sister Michelle who also got me into the series... I failed to give her the credit she deserves for her taste in a good read.... "thank you michelle, you are absolutely awesome")

7 comments:

Glenn said...

"Enjoying" the series? It has it's moments. But come on... I'm only doing this for you.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I love that you put the joke in the "hooked" part. Funny! I know I'll be hooked too. It's just a matter of buying them, so I can start reading them. I haven't been a good reader lately, since facebook :). I will! And then I'll tell you when I'm "hooked." ha ha

Anonymous said...

Tracey,
Loved your latest Blog, I really enjoy reading it and seeing the pictures, you do a great job. We are Twilight fans here too! Michelle and I have read them all and Kelly is enjoying the second one.

Love to you all,
Vicki

Mark, Robin, Mitchell, and Jarod Ormsby said...

Oh no, not another follower...and Glenn, I mean nameless.....how could you!!

dallin+michelle said...

i thought i had something to do with you reading this series?? guess not? don't worry, i'll only take credit for getting my husband (who will also remain nameless) hooked in this series... that is the clincher. kristine get readin!!

Unknown said...

I picked up the series too. Once bitten, and quickly smitten. I'm not a huge book buff. I'd rather play video games. But I got totally sucked in. It only took me 3 days to read the first book. And lets be real here, it's nothing special. But I can't get over how much I LOVE the series. I don't know what it is about the books that is so addicting!! I still don't get what's so great about them, but I will tell you I will be one of those crazies at the midnight showing of the movie!! GIRLS NIGHT OUT!! It will probably be the biggest girls night out in history.

Alison said...

You guys crack me up. I too am hooked. I haven't read the last book yet. I'm still working on THE HOST (also by Meyers). I would also recommend that.