August 20, 2008

Sweet Home Indiana

After 27 times I packed and unpacked, since leaving Japan in June, we finally arrived home sweet home in Bloomington, Indiana and boy did it feel good.

Oh what do you do in the summertime in Indiana??

Swim.
Swing on our tire swings.
Pet our cat Felix (who bravely guards our home while we are away :).

Visit our best friend and neighbor, Victoria.
Swim at Victoria's.
Play with our friends.
Did I mention play with our friends? Guitar, guitar, drums!

Catch local frogs (isn't he cute?).
Ride a tractor. (love Ann Marie here... great poser!)
Drive a tractor (go nephew Tate).
Hang out on our awesome couches (okay, I really miss our couches).
Swim.

Swim some more.
Catch some rays.
Visit the Wonderlab Children's Science Museum.
Jonas in duplicate at the Wonderlab.
Karaoke!
Everyone got in on the action...
Even Grandad.


Dig for fossils.

Hunt for arrowheads and other treasures.


Go on a scrapbook retreat (bags made by Kim Bunton.).

Scrapbook with friends (something I stopped doing when I moved to Tokyo).Hang out with friends.

And, eat with friends.



Swim with friends.
Swim more with friends.


And last, but not least, go to the INDIANA MONROE COUNTY FAIR.

Where we pet cows.
Eat kettle corn.


Ride Amish teeter totters.And watch dog shows.



Bloomington, Indiana is a terrific place to spend your summer. It is all about relaxing and getting as much "outside" time as possible. I took the kids to the pool the other day and while laying out on pool chairs, Shailey asked me what my highlight for the summer was.

I answered, "This. Right here, right now. Soaking up the sun, playing in the pool with no time constraints, just me and my kids. I waited all summer to do this."

The only thing that would have made it better is if Glenn could have been in Indiana for a longer time... that would have made our summer perfect. Of course it wasn't all happy moments, there were plenty of tantrums, fights, ticks, sickness, mosquito bites, and tears, but someone once wisely said that these bad moments just get you to the next happy photo and that is what you remember. I'll drink to that.


Happy summertime!

4 comments:

Ginger Rogers said...

There is so much fun to see on this post....I don't know that I can remember my comments for each cute thing. Ok....the mini frog! HOW DO YOU DO THIS???? You are amazing! You have an eye! The entire post was so darling! I wish I could have been there! The swimming, hanging with your friends, Victoria, Felix, your cozy cozy house that always welcomes me with open arms! Wish so badly I could have come. The scrapbook bags! HELLO!!! DARLING!!! TOO fun! So glad you shared that post. I also loved seeing the hotel room jazz with the late night goodies, in jammies and just being girls.( of course the pillow fight in your panties....oh wait....that's what they THINK we do...haa haa) My kind of fun! I bet you got gaga? Late nights can always bring on the gagas! :) LOVED the post! I've revisited it a few times! I called this morning to say good bye, but sadly I missed you. I know you were WAY busy before you left so no worries that we didn't get to chat one last time. But, you're in my thoughts and my heart and I miss you Trace! Big hug and kiss for you! :) Rock on "BIg in Japan"! (a little 80's fun) Love, Trish

Ginger Rogers said...

P.S. loved your hair at your scrap book convention!!! OH la la!

Alison said...

Glad you are enjoying your home again. I think you have had the most amazingly FULL and FUN summer I've ever seen! Hope you get to stay long enough to enjoy just a little bit of down time. Just a little! =)

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Great pictures! I miss Indiana! Love the summers there, but oh the falls! Love visiting you there. Next visit needs to be in JAPAN! I hope we're your first visitor! But most unlikely. :( We're trying! Glad you could finally relax. This summer was very "scheduled." But now you're stressing unpacking. Yuck. But remember your saying....these bad moments get you to the happy ones that you'll remember. Great line! Love you! Miss you tons!! Kisses for your family!