August 9, 2008

Flying the Friendly Skies

Stop 5 in our summer travels was Vancouver, Washington, where our favorite Grandma Oopedoop, Aunt Maureen, and family live.


Greatest way to appreciate AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL? ..... take a nostalgic BIPLANE RIDE! No helmets, no enclosed cockpit, just you and the friendly skies.... wow.



I totally am a chicken when it comes to heights.... but I force myself to do it because it is fun. I am smiling, but completely freaked out. Shailey and my nephew Greyson were much braver than me. My parents can't get enough dips on the ride... I think they are nuts.The pilot did quite a few dips that felt just like a roller coaster, but so much scarier because there is no track to comfort you.... just open space.... ahhhhhh!Thumbs up, we made it!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay- First that picture of you with the kids is darling! You look so cute & beautiful! I love how festive you are, it's so fun!
You didn't tell me about the plane ride! I can't believe you did that! SO scary!!! There is NO WAY I would be brave enough for that. I'm proud of you guys. What fun memories!

sweetcakes said...

I'm with you, it looks a little scary. I'm pretty sure I'd spend most of the flight worried.

Glenn said...

Some cool experiences. You are very lucky, ne.

Lucy said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! I seriously don't think I could hack it. At least right now, I'm losing my cookies all the time these days!! :)

Sheri said...

What a fun summer vacation you have had. I have loved reading about all your adventures, thanks for sharing.

Ginger Rogers said...

"10 20 30 40 50 or more....The bloody red barron was ready to soar.....80 men died tryin to end that plane....the bloody red barron of Germany......."
SOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad Greyson got to do that with you! I knew he'd love it! :) Such a memory!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Great post! Can I get a copy of the pics of Stew and I on the plane? Thanks. Love all the pics. I should be posting mine soon. Lots of memories to post. :)

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Oh, I forgot to say,

THAT PLANE RIDE WAS AWESOME! I'm glad you did it too. Next.....SKY DIVING!