January 29, 2008

You Know You Have JET LAG When...


1. You wake up at 4:00am completely refreshed and ready to start the day
2. You realize there is no milk, but try to convince your children that apple juice in Cheerios is yummy (and you actually believe this)
3. Your house is so messy, you can't find your shoes, but rather than clean up, you think you can ride your bike in slippers
4. You normally limit the kids' TV watching to a bare minimum, but decide every show is really educational (Power Rangers teaches both self-defense and colors right?)
5. You are supposed to meet your friend at the Ginza train station. When you arrive your friend is not there. She calls to tell you she is at Ginza. You swear on your life that SHE is at the wrong station. After checking, you find out YOU are at a totally different station and the worst of it is..... you have NO IDEA how you got there.
6. You are cooking dinner, but have no fresh vegetables on hand. Rather than go to the local veggie stand, you find yourself staring at your jelly belly container wondering if they count... fruits and veggies?
7. Everyone is dressed and ready for school and then you realize, oops, it is Saturday
8. You had repair work done on your car over the break. Since you've been back, you swear your navigation system is now speaking Japanese, "what did that say? I go where? how many meters, what? Is there a rewind button?"
9. You take a daily vitamin, unsure if you already took one. You forget about it and 1 hour later take another one, only to have your daughter ask, "didn't you already take your vitamin?" (maybe eating jelly bellies for dinner requires more supplemental vitamins)
10. You start the routine to put your 3 year old to bed and with a panic he says, "Momma, I just woke up!"

9 comments:

Grammie said...

Seriously, your clever wit and humor are incredible! So much fun to read your thoughts! Your love of life is what shines through. That's my little girl... Love you, Daughter!
Kisses for your cheekies! Love, Mom

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

That is AWSOMELY hilarious!! LOL! My fav was the train station and the getting ready for school on Sat. FUNNY!! The story of Jonas was great, mr. schemer. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I been sick for a while but reading your blog cheer me up. My favorite is you trying to put Jonas to bed after he just woke up. Too funny!
Sandrine

sweetcakes said...

I totally understand that feeling. I'm in Chicago now waiting for a flight home. Glad you made it back safely!

Natalie said...

Great list! Numbers 4 & 6 were my favorite. I love that waking up at 4 am and feeling totally refreshed. I get so much done when that happens from jet lag. I wonder why I can't wake up that early every day. I'd be so darn productive!

dallin+michelle said...

you know i DO SO love your blog... but it only makes me miss you TONS more than i already do... oh tracey you have the best sense of humor! and because i think you're so funny... it must mean i'm just as funny as you ;) riiiight...

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

Your inner Louis comes out for #6.

Alison said...

These all crack me up! Jet Lag is the WORST!

Corporal Kookie said...

Yes, no wonder you were being a weirdo! LOL (laugh out loud)
--Shalaylicutty