January 29, 2008

This Land Is Your Land

"This land is your land, this land is my land, from California, to Indiana." As a photographer, I have always said "it is impossible to take too many pictures at the beach". Taking pictures at the beach always turn out gorgeous; maybe it is because of nature's backdrop or perhaps it is the overcast skies. My parent's land in Indiana is another perfect spot in nature where you cannot take too many pictures... they all turn out incredible, no matter what season you take them in. My parents are trying to sell their home in California before they can officially build their dream home in Indiana. For now, that land is just a barn, a pond, and a tire swing... and it is magical.

7 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Love the pics. My fav was with Glenn running up the hill with the kids. Great candid shot! Very beautiful! I think pics turn out great where the setting is most peaceful. ie; beach and forests and open fields. The "land" is very peaceful and I can't wait for mom and dad to move there, so my kids can visit the peace. For now they'll live in chaotic CA. ha ha. At least we have the beach. :)

sweetcakes said...

Yes, your parent's land IS magical! It was so fun to see pictures of it, and especially of the barn. It wasn't there last time I visited. Is there still a little bench out by the pond? Just beautiful!

Natalie said...

Oh, those photos were awesome.

Ginger Rogers said...

Those photos call me. Why????? BECAUSE I WANT TO BE THERE! I am a country girl- and country girls should not be in California. I wish I could see my kids running on the magical land too! I NEED INDIANA!!!!!!! And so does my FAMILY!!!! Great shots Trace! You have an eye girl! You really do! Yes, the land is STUNNING, but you know how to capture it so beautifully!

Into the Wood's said...

REALLY WONDERFUL pictures! I think your comment about the beach & your parents land is true as well about your beautiful family-- Great subject matter-- can't go wrong there ; ) Thanks for sharing-- And the pics of Jonas hiding are Too cute!

Alison said...

LOVE the photos you took! Who needs more than a barn, pond and a tire swing anyway! Just perfect! Glad you had a nice visit back home!

Ginger Rogers said...

checked out the photos again......mmmmmmm just love it! Just beautiful! You are an amazing photographer! Ask Brody! He'll tell you! :)