January 7, 2008

Shailey's First Commercial


After an extensive tryout, Shailey was cast as a "fairy" for a music video for a famous Japanese band called Dreams Come True. After filming for 12 hours, enduring endless detailed costume adjustments (including shoving cotton between her toes so her tights did not show "lumpy" toes), 2 hours with a hair and make up artist who re-fixed her hair after each take, plus being refitted for about 5 different harness sizes, and finally strung up on the wire in front a blue screen where she had to pose 100+ different ways, her commercial debut is here! (*There is a reason I describe the painful details... when you view the commercial, you will know why... so much fuss seems a bit unnecessary after seeing the final result :).
You may have to watch it a few times to recognize Shailey. She is the only "girl fairy". First, she floats to the right while holding a balloon, then you see a close up of her face holding the balloon, next she is one of the fairies holding up the person's eyelids (if you can see her, you have super powers), and finally she is in the background of the group of fairies. Fun times!

Click on the link below:

13 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I can't get it to work. The link opens a page, but there's nothing on it. I'll try again later, unless you know a trick. Also, Happy Birthday to Jonas! I know it's 2:30 am Jan. 9, Japan time, but 10:30 am Jan. 8 CA time. We're thinking of him. Kisses from his Auntie! Love you!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Okay, I went to their website and saw it! How fun!! She's so cute! I saw her 3 times. Is there more than that? That was so fun to see. Did you ever see it on the big screen in Japan? Too fun! Kisses for Shailey and her BIG floating success!

stevensbball said...

First of all, Shailey is such a pretty girl. I did see the commercial. The only time I can recognize Shailey is when she floats up with a balloon. She did a great "Floating" job. How fun and what an experience for Shailey. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

YEAH!!! That is SO cool Shailey! Don't forget your fav. Aunt Missie when your famous!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JONAS! We were flying home yesterday, sorry for the late wish. Brody and I did sing to you on the airplane. Hope it was great!
Love you all!

Mark, Robin, Mitchell, and Jarod Ormsby said...

Very cool, I am sure she had a blast filming it.

Mark, Robin, Mitchell, and Jarod Ormsby said...

Very COOL. I am sure she had a blast filming it!

Into the Wood's said...

Yeah!! I finally got it to work-- Shailey is so cute floating and holding on to that balloon!! I really like that music too--- How FUN!

Silly Monkeys said...

Hey Tracey, It was good to hear from you and to visit your blog. How fun this was for Shailey to be in a commerical. What brings your family to Japan? You have beautiful children. I see a little of you in each one of your children. I was not able to see Trisha blog nor do I have her email address. Tell her Hello for me. I hope your family is doing well. And to answer your question. Yes, the kids and us picked out their new names. They both wanted a name from us. Their names are forever long. Lindsay choose my maiden name as her first name. Enjoyed your blog and hearing from you. Melissa:)

Natalie said...

Pretty amazing stuff! That was fun to see.

Ginger Rogers said...

What a movie star! Red carpet here you come! It's so exciting watching it! I've watched it over and over and showed Jeff and the kids! SO FUN! Love you!

Kim said...

This is so cool! I recognized Shailey three times, but the picture is too small to see her "lift the eyelids". I love the pictures you took too. She is looking so grown up all of the sudden!

Alison said...

Great little video! So fun! I can't believe it! Hollywood better look out!

Annie said...

You're a natural Shailey! You're going to have some great stories to tell--maybe it will impress the boys?!?!