January 14, 2008

Emma's Bridgestone Tire Commercial


Emma's first commercial is here. Click on this link to see the "web movie". It will take you to the Bridgestone website where you see Emma on the home page, then click on the box in the bottom left corner that reads "playz RV movie", then click the box with the mini van outline that reads "playz RV movie". This is longer than the commercial and worth watching: http://www.playz.jp/

On the website, you hear a song called ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL by Jet. I love this song, and found it funny the Japanese chose it to advertise safe tires. When filming, the studio played this song over and over again to be sure the actors really moved to the beat. I think we had this song stuck in our head for a solid week afterwards. Now when I hear it, I smile with the memory.

This show below is for the web commercial, different from the movie. Click on the "play" button.




Amazingly enough Bridgestone is the first job Emma ever auditioned for. Can you imagine trying to look natural and casual with this huge black camera only inches from your face? She acted as if she has been doing this her whole life. The crew was amazed to find out this was her first job.

Emma called Caleb her "fake brother", and she adored him. They became good friends fast. She asked me if it is normal to become best friends after only being with someone for 3 days. I told her it is very normal... ever heard of "summer love". The funny thing is that Caleb is mormon and his family attends our local temple. We have plans to get together soon.

It took 3 days to shoot... with the final day filming until 2:30am! So at 2 in the morning, Emma licked an ice cream cone to the beat of ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL. I was amazed at her stamina. My favorite memory was when the director shouted "action" Emma instantaneously pasted on her happy acting face. The second the directed shouted "cut" she slumped her body into the chair and played catch with her fake ice cream cone as if it were a ball. The director then reviewed the previous cut before filming again. With one word, "action", Emma was back to her upright position with her happy smiling face pasted on. This sequence happened over and over and the crew and myself were laughing hysterically at the dramatic change Emma made between "cut" and "action". I wondered if she played it up because she knew it was making us laugh. She told me "no Mom, I really am pooped out". She was an absolute trooper... energetic until the last cut. We had a lot of fun being part of such a large production. I am proud of her!

The gal in this photo is Lisa. She was our fabulous interpreter and production manager. She kept the kids very happy! I think it was her idea to put real Haag n' daaz (sp?) ice cream on top of the fake ice cream so Emma really could enjoy licking it. Good times.

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Tracey,
Wow, perhaps I am finally commenting on a blog! It was so fun to see Shailey and Emma in their commercials. Wow, I feel quite surprised at all it takes for their few seconds of fame--that's showbiz! I hope you are doing well!

Carolyn

Alison said...

Wow! This looks like it was so much fun! What a great experience for you all! Darling photos!

Natalie said...

Hey, I need Emma's autograph over here some time soon - before she gets too famous ;)

Annie said...

Great job, Emma! I want to know if you got tired of eating ice cream. Was it real ice cream or something plastic? And by the way, Caleb looks cute!

Into the Wood's said...

I'm so happy to get to see these pictures and have a sense of what an adventure Emma had-- Thanks so much for posting it-- i had to laugh at your comment about her acting natral with a big black camera in her face-- I mean, the size might be different, but hasn't that been happening to her since she was a baby? ? You have totally prepared her! Emma you're GREAT!! Love you!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

So awesome!! I'm so jealous! I always wanted to be in a commercial! She is darling, and I have to agree with Debbie, you have really prepared them. I think of Jonas posing at the tree at Lisa's wedding. I thought he was mad and ignoring you, but then the next shot, she turned and smiled. I then realized, that you were coaching him on his pose. You are a great photographer. You should work at JC Penney's. ha ha. I hear Jonas is having a photo shoot too, soon? Love you! Big kisses for Emma! We are so proud of her!

stevensbball said...

How fun to see Emma sitting on air. She did look like a pro, and a beautiful one at that. What a fun experience (except the 2 am part). It never hurts to have a cute friend to pass the time with and a Mormon one at that.
Thanks for sharing.
Megan

sweetcakes said...

Loved the movie/commercials of Shailey and Emma. Can't wait to see more!