June 11, 2009

Run Sampson Run

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow.....




After deliberating for a few months, we decided to bite the bullet and BUZZ Jonas' beautiful hair. Jonas was not on board with this plan, and frankly neither was I, but Glenn said "every boy needs a summer buzz cut at least once". So not wanting to have a prissy boy, I caved. Jonas was not ready to cave, until I said "well, if you do buzz your hair, when you get to school, NO ONE WILL RECOGNIZE YOU.... ". Sold! That was all he needed to hear... kind of like a superhero costume to transform him into someone else.



Half way through, we laughed at his crazy, partly buzzed, hair.

He said "take a picture of me saying, I DID IT!" Yes you did it Jonas, you are now one of the millions of boys around the world that got a summer buzz cut....congratulations Sampson!

12 comments:

Glenn said...

WOO HOO!!!! MY BOY!!!!!

Love it.

The Sister of Mr. Buzz said...

I LOVE HIS BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! He is such a cute boy! I remember after he got his hair BUZZED he took one look in the mirror and did a "happy hair" dance! So cute!

Shailey

Grammie said...

The students with the buzz cuts are my nightmares...! Let's hope you still love this haircut when he feels the "freedom" of no hair! Can this be called cruel and unusual punishment? How about cruel, but usual punishment? Oh my goldilocks... weep weep/sweep sweep... I am sure glad he did his happy dance! Confidence is the key and he sure doesn't lack it!!

Anonymous said...

The students with the buzz cuts are my nightmares! Let's hope you still love his haircut over the summer while he feels the full effects of his new found freedom! weep weep/sweep sweep!!

Anonymous said...

Honestly can't decide which look is cuter...long golden locks, or short summer hair. Compliments to Jonas' "stylist!" Tracey, you just may want to set up a side business cutting kids hair, if you're not doing that already.

Valerie

Jennifer Napierski said...

I love it!!!! What a handsome boy!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

What a doll! Tell him, Liam's had 3! He has a buzz now. They will be twins! Can't wait!!

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

I'm with Glenn. In fact, I said almost those exact words to Kristine the last time I buzzed Liam's head. Your Dad will love it, but your Mom will hate it. I think it looks great and he looks older now.

Anonymous said...

Very cute - We stopped cutting Kyle's hair when we drew blood!! Good Job!! Marji

Kim said...

I remember all the buzz cuts we gave Jonathan growing up. He told me the other day, "Don't even think about it, Mom."

Natalie said...

Oh, Jonas looks so great - with both hairstyles.

Mark, Robin, Mitchell, and Jarod Ormsby said...

Love the Buzz cut! The boys have been asking for theirs this summer.