August 21, 2009

Japan Day 2009

Every year the kids have Japan day at school, where they spend the day dressed in kimonos and participating in Japanese activities. I think their favorite part might be the yummy Japanese lunches and treats! Something about Jonas' hair under his bandana reminds me of "Johnny" from The Karate kid.

Jonas girlfriends, Morwenna and Hana.

I think my favorite part is witnessing the stream of vibrant colors as the entire junior school of girls swirl around in a synchronized dance. It feels like how heaven should feel; united, melodic, and colorful.... absolutely breathtaking.

8 comments:

Katy said...

They all look so vibrant! Your kids are so cute. Hannah has traditional kimono and it's so difficult to wear--so many layers.

Kim said...

I love that your kids always like dressing up. They look great - especially their hair!

mali said...

Your kids are growing so fast! They are all so beautiful! I love the pictures of Shailey!

Anonymous said...

Love your Japan Day pics, Tracey - almost as good as being there myself! And I too love Japan Day - it is always sunny on Japan Day at Sacred Heart! I think of butterflies as the JS girls do the Bon Dance...

Hope the kids are ejoying being back at school (and Jonas soon...)

Valerie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous kimonos! They are all stunning! Mom

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Gorgeous pics. I totally LOVE the color! I had to laugh out loud with the "Johnny" comment! I thought that before you wrote that. ha ha ha! What a great tradition and experience for your kids! Love it!

Lisa Brown said...

Again... I envy your experiences!

sweetcakes said...

Thanks for sharing such neat tradition. The pictures are beautiful.

I'm sorry we didn't get to see you more when you were home, but I'm glad you got to spend so much time with your family.