June 11, 2009

In the Jungle

Spring break trip with our friends the Cooks and the Stones to TAMA ZOO... the coolest Zoo ever! Besides being clean and beautiful, it has one very crazy exhibit... the LION BUS.

You board a bus and ride around the lion park so you can see the lions up close. The craziest part is that the zoo attaches BIG HUNKS OF MEAT to your bus so that the lions will come up to the bus to EAT OFF OF YOUR WINDOWS giving you the feeling that you are being EATEN BY A LION. It was unbelievably cool. Leanne was freaking out that one of her kids would actually be eaten by a lion. I on the other hand decided that if I ever get a terminal disease, I will jump into a lion pit... if you have to go, you have to go, and what a way to go!

There are two other interesting ways they attract the lions to the bus:

1) by attaching large meaty bones to the tables that are placed at "bus window level"
2) the bus driver actually presses a button that makes a meat smell PUFF out of the bus and make the lions come running.

Now I know what it is like to feel like a piece of meat!




In the Jungle, the might Jungle, the Lion sleeps tonight......

5 comments:

Glenn said...

These pictures are very interesting, but there is one particular Lion (or former Lion, of the K-4 variety) who recently had his mane shorn. That's the Lion I am waiting to see up here. But it's nice to see you have been making up for lost time.

(Lost time?)

The Person who Took some of the photos said...

That was a fun trip! I remember how everyone was so loud at the lion exhibit! My favorite lion though is (or was) a K-4 lion by the name of Jonas!

Shailey

Anonymous said...

Really, really great photos of the lion encounters, Tracey! You have captured it all perfectly. Emma's face is so animated...love it.

Valerie

Natalie said...

That is amazing! With any zoo you visit here, they lions are asleep...

Smoochie Lady April of Cook said...

Did I get a copy of the lion pics? You took really good ones. Perhaps someday I will update some of this stuff on my blog! Here's to hoping I ever manage it. You captured the day so well with this.