June 11, 2009

Its the Calvin in Jonas








Jonas is always doing "Calvin like" things. A few months ago, I lost him at the school playground. He followed another kid to the school cafeteria without telling me. I gave him the lecture of his life and said, "You CANNOT leave without telling me. I have to know where you are at all times. If you leave without telling me, I will think a stranger took you forever. Jonas, when you disappear, I start to panic....."

He got this stunned look of awe on his face and I can tell he stopped listening. He turned to Emma and said "did you hear that? I DISAPPEAR! Wow." He took a big breath and looked off into the distance and quietly mumbled, "I didn't know I had the powers to disappear. Wow."


Hi Calvin, meet Jonas.


(photos are poses he came up with all on his own at the museum... I think he was bored)

5 comments:

Glenn said...

What about his recent "mom, look at me, I'm a blind man" schtick with the umbrella? Totally Calvin. I love that kid!

Glenn said...

Your picture collage and the Calvin snippet is awesome, by the way. Very clever and creative. I love it.

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!! So "in his own world" ALWAYS!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

OMG! LOL I love him in awe of "disappearing." Hilarious! AND scary! Can't wait to see him!

Natalie said...

OK, I shouldn't be laughing, but that was hilarious. I'm glad you found him after he disappeared...