November 22, 2008

Say No to Drugs!

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN.
THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS.
I have been struggling with a chest cold. I took some decongestant medicine. I decided to make some yummy homemade chicken noodle soup. I started cooking the chicken in broth. It was time to pick up the kids from school. Before leaving my apartment, I felt like I was forgetting something... something was missing... what was it? I walked around the house a few times and then just left. An hour later I remembered that I left the chicken cooking on the stove!!! I called my neighbor to have her check my apartment and she said that earlier she smelled something burning and had the management check it out. Apparently my apartment was full of white smoke and about to blow.... yikes. Luckily no damage was done, just a big fat mess. The freaky thing is that the night before I dreamed my apartment caught fire.
Bottom line... Tracey is NOT allowed to OPERATE under COLD MEDICINE of any kind!

7 comments:

Glenn said...

You were right.

I'm just glad you didn't set the apartment on fire. But even if you had, I'm sure we could have blamed it on the kids.

Ginger Rogers said...

TOTALLY SCARY!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! I've forgotten one thing on the stove once.....I was boiling passafyers. (I'm totally laughing.....so me.....boiling passafyers.)....Well, I left the room and came back to a sauce pan with flames high above the microwave. This was in our apartment. I took so long, the water all evaporated and the poppers went up in flames! :) Your story is CRAZY...."Elvis has left the building" and the fire dept is on it's way! AHHHHHH!!! You have GREAT neighbors and what a safe place you live at to have help quick at hand. So happy nothing burst into flames.....especially the holiday blocks! hee hee! :)

Ginger Rogers said...

P.S. I never got an update e mailed to me. I just check your blog regularly cause I am a true fan! :)

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

LOL! Love the pictures. Great neighbors. I'm glad everything is safe. Good thing you remembered in time. This is a very funny story! I'm still laughing!

dallin+michelle said...

girl you are doing WAY too much if you forget you put some chicken on the stove... didn't you smell it cooking? this is me though, who has the worst sense of smell, and our kitchen IS our living room in one, so i wouldn't miss the chicken cooking. i've forgotten what a kitchen in another room is like. glad it turned out okay though. big PHEW!

Alison said...

Your brain and my brain both- though I've not burned down my house yet...I'm truly worried about it. I try to keep forgetfulness to things like misplacing stuff - pretty good at that.

Kim said...

The other day our fire alarm started going off for what I thought was "no reason". Granted I was cooking dinner, and there was an odd smell coming from the oven, and Mike blamed my cooking immediately. But I was sure that I wasn't burning anything. How hard is it to cook frozen chicken nuggets anyway? Suffice it to say, after five minutes I checked the oven and sure enough, the nuggets were charred beyond recognition. So I feel your pain...to a certain degree.