March 29, 2008

Some Bunny Loves Me

You know you are loved when you find a package with FIVE boxes of PEEPS in your mailbox!Anyone who loves me, knows how much I love Peeps. I know they are sickly sweet and nothing but a big marshmallow... but they are so yummy... you are what you eat??? Hmmmm food for thought.The best way to eat them? poke holes in their package and let them sit on top of your refrigerator for at least a week until they get hard and somewhat "stale" (plus, keeping them on top of your refrigerator keeps them out of sight from people that may want to eat them before they are ready!)
How lucky am I to have a true friend who would take the time and hassle to mail these treats all the way to Japan. I laughed out loud when I opened up the package. Beth, you are awesome!

9 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

What a great friend. She showed up all your sisters. I haven't sent you anything to Japan. What a loser sister. I do have to say, when ever I see peeps, I think of you and I think of how you have to eat them stale. Love you, my sister!

Glenn Ostlund said...

Hmmmm... those bunnies make a rainbow.

dallin+michelle said...

gotta tell you, every time i'm looking at your blog i just want to come visit! it's really a mental trick... i feel like you're still in Bloomington, so a road trip would be perfect... alas, tis not so-- see you april though!!!!!
Love YOU! the kissing peep was very cool with the b/w background and colored peep! you're good girl!

Anonymous said...

What?? No peeps in Japan? What are they thinking??? Oh dear... Sure glad you could get them trained on important and life changing traditions! Good job, Tracey!

Anonymous said...

BTW... That was from Mom! :) Love the creative baskets, too!
Hugs!

Natalie said...

I had no idea about the correct way to eat a peeps. I'll have to try it. Beth is great for sending those to you!

sweetcakes said...

I couldn't agree more - peeps are best eaten when stale! I love eating them that way and it wouldn't be Easter without them. I'm glad you didn't miss out on the tradition.:)

Annie said...

From one fellow Peep lover to another, let me just say Y U M M Y!!! Nothing like marshmallow with sugar coating to bring a smile to one's face.

Ginger Rogers said...

I TOTALLY Agree with Kristine! When I read that I thought "Dang it, now why didn't I think of that?" Beth RULES THE SCHOOL! And please, A PACKAGE in the mail.....that's like gold at the end of a rainbow for me! What a sweet friend! And everytime I ever see peeps, I think of you Trace! :)