March 17, 2008

Going to the Chapel with Michelle & Dallin

Hip hip hooray, Michelle is engaged! She will marry Rei Dallin Thomas on the 24th of June, 2008 in a California LDS temple. Wedding plans are now underway and we are so excited.
Michelle met Dallin in Atlanta, Georgia. When they were first dating in spring 2007, they came to our house in Indiana for Easter. We quickly fell in love with Dallin. He has a great sense of humor, is easy to talk with, and is very comfortable with kids... probably because he is a BIG kid himself. These two love the outdoors and any kind of sport. Right now they are both playing in a city softball league, where Michelle is the coach (GO Michelle!). Dallin ran a tri-athalon last year and placed. I can't remember the details...other than he wore a pink speedo... still looking for those pictures...


Dallin is Mr. Energy Bugs because he is constantly moving... reminds me of someone I know.... Jonas? While he was visiting, Jonas was making me nuts and so I suggested a walk. Dallin was the first one on board because he also needed to get out his "energy bugs". As we casually walked down the road, from no where, Dallin came sprinting from behind and in one smooth swoop, he picked up Jonas in a football hold and kept on sprinting down the road as if he was not holding a 30 pound toddler. Dallin doesn't run like any ordinary guy... he is light on his feet like a graceful gazelle and makes whatever athletic task he is doing, look easy. I told Michelle this and she said "that is funny because his nickname is the gazelle". Ha!

WELCOME to the fam!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make note it is going to the TEMPLE... Even better! :) What a wonderful explanation of our Dallin! He is ALL boy and thank goodness he plans to be a pediatrician, as he will be perfect with the kids! Children will probably WANT to go see Dr. Thomas! Oh, but he is WILD... Wears me out! Ya gotta love him and also praise Michelle for just enjoying him! They will be perfect together... Oh yes... I have speedo photos. Shall I send them?? :) Love, Mom

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I have the same photos. He's very generous in sharing those pics. ha ha. Such a fun post. I meant to do this too, but I only had pics of them at Lisa's wedding. How fun to see the other pics with Jonas. I guess I could've shared the speedo pics, but I'm not sure if that is appropriate with an engagement post. :) So excited for Michelle!!!

Natalie said...

Is this your sister I met when we lived there? She came to visit you a couple of times - and like you, she is stunningly beautiful. Congratulations to the happy couple!!