October 22, 2007

You Know You're Getting Old When...


You know you are getting old when you realize that the temple dress you wore for the first time, 14 years ago, has shoulder pads! I was in the Tokyo temple recently, wearing my dress and it occurred to me for the first time... my dress has shoulder pads. 10 years ago or more, I started cutting the shoulder pads out of all of my clothes... recognizing it was no longer the fashion to look like a "football player" . Somehow my temple dress avoided my "de-shoulderpadzation" process. So, recently, as I cut out the shoulder pads from my dress, I found myself laughing out loud and wondering what current fashions will I find funny in the future.

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Forget the shoulder pads -- does your Stake President know that you encourage your innocent children (well, at least the ones younger than 8-years old) to affiliate with ghosts and goblins and that you sympathize with a devil-holiday?

Do you affiliate with any group or individual whose teachings or practices are contrary to or oppose those accepted by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or do you sympathize with the precepts of any such group or individual?

Trick, or treat?

Natalie said...

Love it! I've done the same thing to my clothes. And you've inspired me to go check my temple dress for those hideous things.