October 22, 2007

"If the Good Lord Intended For You to Walk, He Wouldn't have Invented Rollerskates"... or Bicycles (Willie Wonka)



Shailey and Emma have begged for bicycles since we first arrived in Tokyo, wanting to make their trek to school a little easier. So after holding off for an entire 2 months, we surprised them with bikes. I decorated their bikes with huge bows and a large gift tag and then rode their bikes (one at a time) to school to wait for them at the bike rack. I had so much fun. Riding Emma's bike was especially funny... if you want to give yourself an instant age lift, try riding a 7 year old's flashy bike in lieu of surgery... it works wonders... makes you feel like a kid again!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Those bikes are great. And Tracey, you are so cute on that bike. Seriously - such a fun mom.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Very fun! Great bikes! I actually want to get a bike similar for myself. I love riding bikes. It really does make you feel young. I rode Lisa's this summer. Very fun!! You are such a cute and FUN mom! What a surprise! Who took the picture?

Annie said...

Darling bikes to go along with darling girls! They look so cute in their school uniforms. Do they have bike lanes in the roads there like they do here?

Mad Queen said...

People keep asking me who took the picture...first my friend April who saw me ride took my pictures, but they did not turn out, so Shailey took them again. These are by Shailey... isn't she good?