October 3, 2007

Smile for Me

Once a year I take black and white photographs of my kids. They are very used to me shoving my camera in front of their face. Emma is the easiest to pose... making a "relaxed" face comes naturally to her. Shailey is always "on stage" so catching her being candid is more difficult. Jonas is three and well..... enough said. I had this idea of a photo shoot with the girls looking really girly and their brother looking all boy. So I sewed the girls "tu tu" skirts and took the kids to I.U. campus. Shailey was slightly embarrassed to parade around in a large tutu in public (she is 10 years old and is so sweet to put up with my crazy ideas). I had a lot of fun. I am not sure the kids had as much fun. They did enjoy searching the creeks for crayfish, and they did enjoy the "rock and pebble fight".... until it got too rough... oops. I captured their laughter during the rock fight when they thought it was funny, but I missed capturing the tears when it became painful. All in a day's work.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures! I will miss your talents this year. You always take the best pictures. I love you guys, Sorry we didn't get to connect the other night. It's been a crazy week. Call again- We miss you!