September 23, 2009

Perfect Parenting Guide


Per Glenn's request, I got him the Cosby Show Collection for his last birthday.  Our family has started watching an episode every evening.  What is fun is that while this show aired in the 80's, the humor is current and its fabulous parenting wisdom STILL pertains to families today.  Our kids, ages 5-12, love it and beg for "just one more episode".  I love to hear them bust up laughing... every episode is super funny.

Here is an excerpt from one of my favorite episodes:

CLAIR:  Cliff, did you tell him he's heading for disaster and that if he doesn't buckle down he'll never get anywhere?

CLIFF:  The boy does not care about getting anywhere.  The boy said to me that he wanted to be regular people.  When in fact, what he is, is lazy people.  And if the regular people find out that he's using their name, they're gonna come down and kick his butt.

6 comments:

Glenn said...

Cosby show rocks. So fun to share that era stuff with the kids.

Katy said...

I LOVE Bill Cosby. You've inspired me; I'm buying a copy of the DVD set too!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

LOVE that show still!! I need to look into getting those! Awesome! Cliff is hilarious!! I totally agree with Katy! It's better than Full House, which my kids ask to watch more of. ha ha Let's see... Hannah Montana, Full House, or Cosby Show? Hmmm.... tough choice. LOL

Melissa said...

I love the Cosby show. I didn't even know it came out on DVD. I've been wanting it for years!
It's so true the best family show ever. I'm glad your kids like it. You guys do a great job of keeping them up on the great shows of the past. My fav. is when they treat Theo like an adult and he has to pay rent. Such great role models!... & I love Peter.

Kim said...

We're on season 8 at our house. The kids love it! I remember watching them as a kid and then reruns as an adult. Bill Cosby is great!

Lisa Brown said...

I LOVE this show as well! Brent brought this DVD set a while ago and we find ourselves watching it quite often. I REALLY enjoy their relationsip (that is Cliff and wife's name???) I tell ya laughter is a cure all! They don't make shows like this anymore (: