May 5, 2008

Shailey Lands LAND CITY modeling job

BRAG ALERT: Shailey's first audition was for Dreams Come true, which she got the job. Her second audition was for Land City Real Estate, and she got this job too! The producers of this advertisement were convinced Shailey was British and not American... even after I told them she was born and raised in America. Something about her looks said "UK" to this Japanese group.
The producers had a photo of the Royal Family they were trying to imitate.... hence the plaid?

Do you love the penny loafers? I didn't know they still existed. Shailey thought they were hideous, even when I told her I wore them regularly at her age.Most all of the costumes were sewn in between takes. The seamstress sat on the floor with her machine and sewed all day. Everything was in TARTAN (code for plaid)... even a stuffed bear was made in tartan.... is that how royal stuffed bears look?

8 comments:

Into the Wood's said...

VERY Cool! Shailey looks so cute in that Tartan plaid-- I don't blame her for disliking the penny loafers-- but they do fit that style. She just looks soooo grown up!!!

Love you!

Melissa said...

She is such a natural! There is no difference between those photos and the ones she takes regularly with you. She is so great at it. I love seeing her having so much fun.

That's funny that they thought she was British- I can kind of see it, but maybe it's just the knee high socks. :)

stevensbball said...

Shailey looks royally cute. I didn't know that much tartan even existed.
2 for 2 not bad on the modelling jobs - way to go Shailey.
Visiting fun places too with the family, how fun.
Megan

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

That is so awesome! We knew you had talented kids! Love the pics. It's almost creepy how she actually could be part of this family. Funny. I can totally see the European look. You have beautiful children, very unAmerican like. ha ha! Kisses for my Shailey!

Smoochie Lady April of Cook said...

You do such a great job of taking interesting photos. I love the bear on the end--how did you get the seamstress to let you take that? Shailey is a beautiful girl and of course she will get every job she auditions for. Love those eyes and amazing curls...

Anonymous said...

How fun for her, she looks so natural


Is Jonas going though a growing spurt?? He is looking so grownup no
longer that baby baby look,

Emma is so sweet

By the way if you happen to find a pair of navy blue penny loafers 9 1/2
please pick me up a pair
For years I had a pair from Nordstrom , I loved them with slack and
jeans, I loved them so much I
Had them resoled , but they were getting a little worn out after 15
years so I tossed them thinking
I could get a new pair, Nordstrom (nor any were else) no longer carries
women's and they only have brown and black in men's
But alas they will not do, but I know if I wait long enough they will
come back and by the time they do, I will only need
One pair to make it thought the rest of my life ha ha

All my love Aunt Maureen

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's beautiful here in Indiana....The trees are budding and the weather is PERFECT!! No heat - no air!! Love it. Looks like a fun trip and Shailey is just growing up so fast - WOW!! The British looks thing could be connected with her "Irish" roots. (Ha Ha) Love to all, Marji-

sweetcakes said...

Fun! Did Shailey get to keep the cool tartan clothes? I'd like to see her wear that outfit into U-school.:)