May 15, 2008

Osaka Trip Videos

Glenn shot some video footage of our Osaka trip with his cell phone. He thought it would be fun to put them on our/my blog.

Train ride to Osaka


The girls played their DS's and Jonas watched a Power Ranger DVD for most of the time... they know the routine of traveling... that meant Mom had the peace and quiet to read and Dad could play with his phone. Everyone is happy.


How can you tell when your 4-year-old is a world-weary traveler? When he sees the train lady picking up trash and thinks she's a flight attendant. "Can I have some water please?" To see this in action, watch this clip:


Osaka castle was a big hit. Indiana Jonas is caught excavating for buried treasures in the street:


This video clip is a little fuzzy, but it is fun to see us wearing Samurai costumes:


Shailey got a caricature from a local artist. 500 yen


Here is another shot of the Osaka castle:



On the trip back up to Tokyo, we were able to see Mt. Fuji from the train. It is not always visible, but we got lucky:

5 comments:

Into the Wood's said...

Very cool trip! I couldn't get any of the videos to play-- may be my computer but it hasn't happened before so you may want to check. I'd love to watch them!

Into the Wood's said...

yeah!! It finally worked-- Very fun to see that bit of your trip-- What a cool train-- it looks very comfortable- I'll come hike with you Shailey!

sweetcakes said...

Looks like I fun trip. I especially like how you scored a seat alone, while Glenn sat with the kids on the train.

Melissa said...

That was awesome. You guys really are in Japan aren't you? Jonas is so cute, I can't wait to get he and Brody together again. And I'm bugged Mom already said it, because I was going to tell Shailey the same thing!.. Gotta be quicker on the draw.
"Yo" to you too Emma.
I LOVE you all! Glad to see you're having so much fun. I'm impressed that all that video was done with a cell phone.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Great shots from a cell phone! Love to see the action. The video of Jonas is HILARIOUS! He is such a DOLL! I want to give him some water, he asked so nicely! How can you say no to that! Love him. Can't wait to see you soon!!! Skype me sometime! Love you!