January 31, 2010

What Goes Around, Comes Around


Shailey makes me a little crazy... well, sometimes a lot crazy.  At night, when I want to take off my make up I can't find my make up remover... and then find it in Shailey's bathroom with the lid off.  Sometimes I am missing my favorite brush, or even a shirt.  And, recently, I keep missing my tweezers.  I get so frustrated having to be "on the hunt" for my own things!   I have tried to make sure she has all of her own stuff just to avoid fussing at her when she does not return what she borrowed.

Recently.... well..... um.....I am ashamed to admit..... I found this among my things.....



Do you know what these are?  I am SURE my Mother knows what they are, or more importantly, "who's" they are.  At some point in my teenage years, my Mom got tired of missing her nail clippers, so she put her name on them with fingernail polish.  And with all that effort, they still managed to work their way into my things. 

It made me wonder... how long have I had these?  Did I take them as an adult?  Did I realize they were not mine?  Why didn't the HOT PINK MOM LABEL stop me from taking them? 

My poor, poor Mom.

Hopefully, she can laugh at this.  You don't know until you know.

Sorry Mom.  Should I mail them to you?

What goes around, comes around.

10 comments:

Corporal Kookie said...

for shame! mom u forgot to mention that YOU did the same thing to me!! The pluckers... you put that pinkish nail polish on MY pluckers...

ILY MOM

hehe

Shailey

Smoochie Lady April of Cook said...

That is hilarious!!! Maurielle is already trying to borrow from me! She keeps asking to wear my shoes and sometimes even my clothing. They don't quite fit yet and she is still young enough that when I say "no" she listens but I know that I am in for it and not too long from now. Thanks for sharing...
Smooches, April :)

Glenn said...

self awareness is a good thing. let me know when you are ready to move on to the next stage.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Hilarious!! I remember so many things of moms ending up in our bathroom... small hair cutting scissors. ha ha I think the clippers made it in your possession this trip, because I think I remember seeing them recently at moms. Although, I might be remembering them at your house in Indiana. ha ha JK I'm a little worried about my kids... I'm doomed for "what goes around, comes around." LOL

Lisa Brown said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That was a good story! Especially seeing the oh-so familiar nail clippers. I remember so many arguments over them. Can't wait to have teenagers!

dallin+michelle said...

bust up! perfect title for the post. not to mention shailey's eyes look be-utiful in the first photo... guess she wears your make up well :)

Katy said...

I'm in Arizona, babe! My email is katysuz@gmail.com. Come and visit. Better yet, move here, to my neighborhood.

Hannah is always swiping my stuff, but sometimes, I swipe her stuff. Her make up is newer and better than mine. I just put on some of her MAC eyeliner, and I don't even have one little twinge of guilt.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I have to add.... I used to always take Dad's brush, because it was the only "pronged" brush that could get through my hair. Dad was always looking for it.... I can't tell you how many times I'm looking for my brush! The girls are ALWAYS taking mine! Some how they can never find theirs. LOL

Anonymous said...

...sighhhhhh... yeah, the joys of motherhood... be aware that it doesn't stop, (nor start) with teens... CLEARLY, this is an ongoing problem... when do I get my clippers back? BTW, they have missing from here for a while! ...I only put my name on them to make you feel guilty every time you look at them! Love, Mom

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

I'm afraid of what will be coming my way, from Liam.