January 31, 2010

Its Sew Emma


Emma takes after me.... she is a project girl.  She is constantly gluing, pasting, coloring, cutting, and crafting something.  She recently decided she wanted to sew a stuffed animal... on my sewing machine.  At first I kind of grumped about this project, because I knew it would be a "joint" project, but when I saw her eager little face, how could I say no.



She designed a bunny and cut it out herself.  She was a good listener and followed directions very well. I only had to give hints how to piece it together.  My very first sewing project was also a bunny.  I love that my Mom taught me how to sew and am glad to pass this hobby onto my kids. 

                      

Craft + stuffed animal = Emma


6 comments:

Glenn said...

Very cool, in every way

Annie said...

You put me to shame, Emma. What great things will be next? Penguin perhaps?!?

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

She is so cute!! What a talent! She takes after you 100%! Kirra just asked me last week if she could make some clothes for her doll. What's sad is, I'm so busy, I told her it had to be a summer project. She's already drawing out her designs. :) I will make sure I keep my promise. She might be able to sew her own prom dress. ha ha Kiss Emma for me!

BTW... she looks so much older! She's losing her "little girl" look and growing up WAY too fast!! :)

Lisa Brown said...

So fun! She looks like you on that sewing machine. I can't wait to see the things she'll come up with.

Anonymous said...

GO EMMA!!! What could be more fun than sewing with a daughter? Sewing with your GRANDdaughter!! :) Hugs for both of you! Love, Mom

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

She and Kirra are 2 peas in a pod.