May 7, 2009

Melt My Butter

We had Jonas' girlfriend Charley stay with us for a few days while her Mommy was in the hospital. Charley commented on how "untidy" Jonas' room was. She told me she makes her bed everyday. I told her, "Charley, do you know my kids NEVER make their beds... in fact, I don't even think they know how to make a bed!!" She was completely shocked (Hiromi, you are a better mother than I).

After picking up the kids from school, I was cooking dinner and Jonas came in and said, "Mom, Mom, you have to come here RIGHT NOW!" I asked him if I could come later because I was busy getting dinner ready. He insisted I come right that minute so I did ("cat's in the cradle with the silver spoon".... gets me teary every time).

He lead me into his room with a big TA-DAH! and shouted "See, I DO KNOW HOW TO MAKE MY BED and I even made both beds!" Ooooh, I covered his sweet little face with furry purry kisses. He knows exactly how to melt his Mom's butter. :)

2 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

He's so cute! He only wants to make you happy, mom! Love the "Cats in the Cradle" reference. Yeah, it gets me too. I guess I should feel proud when my kids make their beds 2x a week? LOL

Kim said...

Can Jonas come to our house and have a heart to heart with Sammy? It's still a daily battle here. Her bed usually stary unmade, though.