May 7, 2009

Emma Makes a Splash with Nikon

It was a gorgeous day for a modeling shoot.... a gorgeous studio with a gorgeous pool.
Emma read her Magic Treehouse book while the hairdresser got her ready. The crew put on their matching Crocs to keep the studio "dirt free"The weather was chilly, but the "instant warmers" they put into Emma's pockets and hands, kept her cozy.
Her day got even better when the model dogs arrived on set, Mama Tee and Lala.Emma thought she would bust when the dog trainer taught her how to make the dogs do tricks and give them treats.
She enjoyed the costume changes and more pampering from the studio stylist.
The teenage model, Sasha was super nice and friendly.
Yes, life was just about perfect...until.....
THE SPLASH!!!!!!!
Emma could not resist the tempting pool in the middle of the set, so when she got a little too close in her slippery shoes.... in she went, shoes and all!!!
She refused to let me take her picture in her wet clothes. Instead, she wanted to quickly slip back into her own clothes, but there was one small problem... no dry underwear.
So she had to get dressed SANS underwear.
One of the set helpers diligently held Emma's underwear on hangers in front of a space heater until they dried.

Yes, Emma made a splash with Nikon that day. But she also made a splash with me... look at these great shots I got of her that day :). I love my little Bemma.

5 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Oooo, love her! She has quite the childhood! I'm so envious. I wish I could do this for my kids. What memories! Kisses for my beautiful niece! You make a big "splash" with us all! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos of Emma! Love all of them!!! Love, Mom

Melissa said...

I totally just saw these pics on the nikon website!!! I was just checking out the camera and it was such a shock to see Emma! I had forgotten about this post. You are so darling Emma bemma!!!
Here is a link if anyone else wants to see them!

http://www.nikon-coolpix.com/en/#/camera7
(Scroll through the different options to see more!)

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I saw these and even commented on them and everything. How did I miss that it was a Nikon photo shoot? Sheesh. I guess I must have been speed reading. That or just enjoying how adorable my little niece is. Love her! Way to go Emma on the website!! Tell your friends! Miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

PLIP PLOP SHISH SHOSH !!!! I DIDENT JUST fall into a pool but fall into a splash of fun with you and all of my jobs.It is verry fun spending my chiledhood like this. Sorry Kristine come to JAPAN! Emma.