June 13, 2008

I'm So Glad when Daddy Comes Home


Looking back 14 years ago, I had no idea I was marrying such an amazing father. I feel very blessed that Glenn is such a natural at fatherhood. There are many daily moments where I am at my wits end with our kids, and like a superhero, Glenn shows up and saves the day.

He is so much better at acting and not reacting. Unlike me, he thinks before he speaks. I have decided this is a talent I don't have. 

Glenn approaches fatherhood in a creative way. He has about 25 working voices and characters that spontaneously appear to entertain, cheer up, or motivate. It is amazing how a funny character voice got a child to fold laundry when yelling did not. And then there is the bedtime routine. At night I become "barn sour". This is a term used to describe a horse that gets anxious to get back to the barn (which in my world, is my happy place). Glenn however loves the routine of finding Jonas who hides every single night before bed. Glenn loves to lay in bed with our kids, play games, and talk about the day. He is wonderful that way.

Glenn is instinctively a good teacher. He shares a love for music with our kids and teaches them tunes and lyrics to the "classics" so they can sing together. He is so patient helping them with homework. He knows how to explain things in a way that helps them understand. He has also been incredible with our "pre-teen". There are plenty of moments where I am pulling my hair out until he says "I will talk with her, send her into me". I love letting him take over. I forsee this happening a lot in the next few years.

What a lucky mother I am to have such a terrific father for a husband. Glenn, I love you. I am so glad when Daddy comes home!
 

5 comments:

Annie said...

You are a wonderful dad, Glenn! Have a great Father's Day! Much love, Ann Marie & Papa Glenn

Into the Wood's said...

Thank you for sharing this-- It makes a mother feel so happy to hear her son is such a great father! Happy Father's Day Glenn

Love, Mom

Alison said...

Hope Glenn had a great day! Fun post to read up on some of his tricks. I should try character voices next time I need something done from the kiddos. I wonder if it only works for dads though.

The Bock Family said...

Hi Tracy! It was good to hear from you on my blog...long time no see! Your family is adorable...I hope for the same as mine keeps growing. Good luck in Japan!
Katie Bock (Jones)

Jennifer Napierski said...

I WANT TO SEE SUMMER PICS!!!!!!!!!!