February 15, 2010

Little House in the Middle of the Woods


We took a trip to Nikko with the "Woods"
and stayed at the most beautiful cottage
in Woodsmans Village


The details of this place were amazing....


It felt like we were tucked away in a cozy hobbit village...


At nightfall, the lanterns were lit in very unique lamposts,
giving it the feel of something fairylike





We slept on futons (pronounced fuh-tones)
and they were SO comfortable


Miss Shailey loves her disney hat she purchased on her latest school trip


There is no TV (hooray for that) so we played a lot of games....

And ate a lot of food...
homemade cookies, pumpkin pancakes, hot cocoa, and popcorn

I took the kids out exploring

It was truly gorgeous

We discovered some creepy looking scarecrows

And we spied a deer caught in a farmers garden fence. We tried to set it free, but it was horribly tangled.  Emma and I were wishing my Dad was there with his handy dandy pocketknife.... plus he always knows what to do :).  Glenn let the farmers know and they eventually released the deer, only to find that it was tangled again the very next day!


 


Such a nice visit to the countryside!

3 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Beautiful and DREAMY! Love it! I wish I could have seen the night scene with the lanterns. Reminds me of Tinker Bell fairies. :) What a fun adventure.

.... poor Bambi! But, obviously he liked the fence more than he should. ha ha

Anonymous said...

so sad about that "dumb" dear... :(
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful location - did you know this was a favourite spot for Mrs. Rees and her family to go to?

I wish I'd made it there...OK, I'm saving it for "next time!"

Valerie